Monday, June 18, 2007

It's really going slow...
Wrote Tectonics today...thought i had it canned...got home just to realise that i had 2 orogenies confused!!!I am really starting to believe that i am not meant to be a geologist...I am so discouraged...demotivated might be the correct word! I am writing Mineral Economics on Wednesday...I have a real good class mark for it but i dont know if it will be good enough to bring up my overall average for the June exams. I need a 65% average in all the courses by the end of the year to be able to pass this year!!!

I think my approach to to the couse this semester was a bit wrong (?)...I spent too much time trying to catch up on at least four years worth of work! Take tectonics for example. I started preparing for the tectonics exam 6 weeks ago already! I went all out: purchased A0 writing paper on which i made my notes and pasted it all over my study area...then when it came to applying all the "catch up" work to local tecteno-stratigraphy, i couldnt do shit! so this weekend (after my botched geophysics exam) i decided to change the approach and concentrate on just my abstracts...and guess what? Only the abstracts were in the exams! The same business with the geophysics exam!


anyway, moving right along...i'll give it my best...next semester i'll just work harder to bring my average up!

No comments: